Alrose Gas Springs are designed and manufactured to last. We know that the environments in which Gas Springs operate change over time and for that reason all Alrose gas springs are valved. This gives you the flexibility to increase or decrease the pressure within its operating range when you need. In this article we will consider Gas Spring Degassing and Filling
Options For Increasing Or Decreasing Gas Spring Pressure
You can either:
- Send the spring back to us for factory level force adjustment up or down.
- Purchase one of our Pressure Reducing Kits to accurately adjust the force down. Enabling you to make adjustments on site.
- Purchase or hire our Portable Filling Kit giving you high grain control of the spring force up or down. Enabling you to make adjustments on site.
If you fit, install or manage a large number of Gas Springs or are unsure of the exact force requirements for each spring it is advisable to buy our Portable Filling Kit. The kit allows you to quickly and easily adjust upwards or downwards the force within your springs. The kit is also supplied in a briefcase for on site use. Note: You will need to supply an appropriate gas bottle.
Portable Degassing Kits
Purchasing a gas spring but unsure of the exact force requirements
If you are unsure of the exact force requirements for each gas spring please make Alrose aware at the time of purchase. We can then supply a spring to maximum pressure so that you may slowly and simply reduce the pressure using our Portable De-pressurising Kit. The kit simply attaches to the valve block on the end of the spring allowing you to read the bar pressure within the spring. Using the release screw you can gently let gas out until through trial and error you reach the appropriate force for your application. Once you have one correct pressure you can note this down and quickly reapply it to other springs in the batch.
Gas Spring Degassing Kit comes complete with
- Portable De-pressurising Kit with pressure gauge
- Mini-case for storage
- Pressure/force chart for easy reference
- 4 Thread size adaptors, covering our entire range of threads
- Knurled thumb know for depressing valve